Rainbow Typical Day
Children arrive at different times during the day, but the following shows a typical full day in the Rainbow Room.
- 07:45 arrive and indoor play hellos and telling us anything we need to know, then fruit in the bowl, question of the day and free-flow play
- 09:30 breakfast
- 10:00 indoor play free-flow play for most of the children, while a few others enjoy our special activity of the week with a member of staff
- 11:00 outdoor play fresh air and a chance to let off steam in the playground – running and riding, climbing and sliding
- 11:30 story, song and sharing news a trip to the bathroom, then a quiet time before their lunch
- 11:45 lunch
- 13:00 sleep or outdoor play blowing the cobwebs away after lunch
- 13:30 indoor play free-flow play again for most of the children, and the special activity for another few
- 14:30 outdoor play more fresh air and some time in the sensory garden to potter, relax and explore
- 15:30 story, song and sharing news a trip to the bathroom, then a quiet time before their snack
- 16:00 snack
- 16:30 outdoor play one more time (weather and light permitting)
- 17:00 indoor play and home free-flow play and a chance for parents and carers to speak to the staff to find out how their child’s day has been
- We go out in all weathers as we are able to provide every child with a waterproof suit and wellies.